Tuesday, January 26, 2010

The Honey Bees

First of Happy Republic day buddies....M vry proud that we enterd 60th year of democracy! aint u? Anyways...Here is my amazing experience of Basant, recently went! Read this out!


THE HONEY BEEs

“Yes cut that cut that!! That had cut our kite earlier we are not going to leave him this time” said my cousin lalit. For the first time I was with kites and this was all due to lalit. A young guy of 16, lalit was more energetic in our family than me. He was my cousin from my maternal side and son of my mom’s brother. My maternal home was also in the same city where I lived and lalit’s tuition was also near my house. Well that was the reason he often visited my home and we both had some funny moments together.

It was the season of kites those days and basant (A festival of kites) was approaching. Lalit was planning for a good kite fight this time and for that he was ready on basant with a handy of kites and a good reel. He was a good player of this festival and asked me to join with him on that day. Enjoying my boring holidays I was on with him with kites and we climbed our terrace with the instruments. “Wow! Look lalit so many of them” I said. “Yia and they all will be my victims, haha” lalit replied in a passionate voice. While he was preparing his kites I was just enrolled in the beautiful scene of airy kites, “I Bow” a voice from a couple of terrace away from me came and repeated endlessly from so many terraces after short intervals. All were busy in kite fights with handful of kites with them and with best reels according to their belief. “Catch it Catch it!” and lalit was on the adjacent terrace to invade a kite which accidently came there being loosen from other one! “Hey that’s a nice kite” I responded to his sudden action. “Yia it’s a massive boss worth 10 bucks” replied lalit. “Hey look another one of those is coming to our house” I said anxiously to lalit. “Don’t worry bro it’s in our land we’ll pick later on, now we must air our kite” said lalit in a soft voice. We were ready with our kite and in seconds it was miles away from us in the air. “Good lalit! You are really awesome in this field” I encouraged lalit. “Look we will be now in the contest you just hold the reel properly” with eyes in air lalit said to me.

He was really awesome in that field and cut 9 kites consecutively. After that he was a bit tired and asked me to fly the kites. For the first time I was officially in the contest (earlier I just air them and settle them down whenever other kite came near to it..haha). Using a bit experience from past and with a good reel i managed to off couple of kites and got off after that. We had nearly a score of kites and from morning to deep noon we were left with half of them, loosing half in the kite fight!

A tall building stood infront of out terrace which was definitely acting a trouble in the path of our kite as couple of them were just off due to it! So lalit planned to move to the lonely terrace of an old house in our colony which was locked for years. In a while we were on its terrace but it was really tough to get there from adjacent terrace due to its lock. We were really happy and our kite was showing its threats to other ones. It was stable in the sky and no other was near to it for that instance. Suddenly my eyes diverted on the terrace just threesome away from ours and i saw that some guys on it were lying down and they were hiding them from something and shouting to me to get away from terrace. In other instance what did i saw that was really ridiculous! “Honey beeeeeeees....lalit...we are gone man..just run..run...run” with miserable eyes i screamed at lalit. “oh! Shit” and lalit was mad.

“Hey how will we escape” said lalit in a feared style, and we both managed to climb down on adjacent terrace and tried to escape. To my memory there were thousands of Honey bees marching in our line in search for a new home. “They are uprooted, i think” murmured lalit. “Oh! They are close lalit” i said with a blocked voice with fear. At this time honey bees covered our terrace where we were lying and hiding, they were wandering around the only and only exit gate on the terrace and we were feeling pity on ourselves.

“Hey look they are going” with heavy voice i said and my fear was ejecting. They were off the scene within moments now and lalit opted to get back to home for an interval and some refreshment. We managed to escape from the terrace and reached my home. Water was the first choice of both of us and we drank glassfuls of it. I don’t know how much the water might be blessed from me for saving me from killing thirst and ofcourse it reduces the excitement!

We were back on the terrace within 5 min. And this time we were back on our own terrace. Lalit had took our kite material from that terrrace while escaping and definitely we lost a kite in the air when the honey bee scene was going. Preparing for another kite lalit annoyed “oh! No not again”, and what i see, yes the bees were back this time they were in some other mood. Marching towards my terrace this time they were more (may be) and we were rushing down. Our terrace was completely seen from our veranda, and to my bad luck infact very bad they were settling down on my terrace. “I hope it’s not their new home now” i murmured to lalit. “May be, infact its full possibility” replied lalit. “Oh! God save us” and i was in a hunted mood. Bees were settling and what struck to my mind was a fantastic idea to get rid of them. “Hey This Discovery channel is terrific!” i smiled to lalit. Someday while watching discovery channel, in a show there were some guys overtaking some honey bees and yes that was what came to my mind at that instance and i immediately rushed for some dry grass from our lawn. In a while i collected the required material; I rolled some dry grass in a dry old cloth and tied it with a long stick. “What are you going to do now?” quizzed lalit. “Just wait & watch, and see the trick of grass” I rhymed and with smiling face i lit the pack with fire. For a severe precaution i covered my face with handkerchief and soon huge smoke was flaming from the burning pack of dry grass. I was ready and climbed to terrace, soon i was among the bees and the smoke was now expanding. To my trick, it absolutely worked and the bees were irritated. They were now uprooted again and were now trying to escape from smoke. I don’t know why but bees feel irritated by smoke (remember) and to my good luck infact very good this time they were once again off from the scene and never came back.

“Wow! That was fantastic bro you are really intelligent” smiled lalit. “Thanks lalit but not more than the guys in discovery channel” with joyous mood i responded, we giggled and with this we were again on the terrace and our kite fight was again on the top. We continued to fly kites till evening when lalit had to go to tuition.

That was really a fantastic experience i ever had in my life. For sure I learnt two things that day, one was kite fight and ofcourse other was bee fight! And i am amazed that lalit started watching discovery channel after that incidence but he often says me that he never got an opportunity to try what he sees, and he still visits me often.

Regards

Abhishek Garg

if u like my blog u can comment me at vany2garg@yahoo.co.in

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for Commenting! Your Feedback will improve my posts and will definitely motivate me to write more!